Current Phase: March 11th, 2022 to present
We are excited to announce that as of March 11th, 2022 the Province of BC has lifted the vaccination requirement for worship services, and has also lifted the mask requirements for most public indoor locations, churches included!
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR US?
We will no longer be required to check vaccination status at the door, and we are not required to wear masks during services. When it comes to masks, Dr. Bonnie Henry has recommended masks still be worn in places where social distancing isn't possible, but it is up to each individual.
While we now have no provincial restrictions on operating our services, we still want to be mindful of each other to ensure everyone is comfortable during our services, so we are still asking everyone to be mindful of a few details listed below under "New way of attending."
During this pandemic many of us have experienced new fears and anxieties, and have been challenged by not being able to be together as a family during the many variations of government regulations. Even as we care for each other and respect the different level of comfortability each of us may have with these new rules, we are looking forward to being able to come back together as a whole community, and maybe to even see each other's faces!!
New way of attending:
no current mandates or restrictions
Effective March 11th, 2022, there are no capacity restrictions or mandates that effect Worship Services.
- VERIFICATION OF DOUBLE-VACCINATION STATUS WILL NO LONGER REQUIRED
- MASKS ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO BE WORN IN MOST INDOOR SETTINGS, INCLUDING CHURCHES
Masks are not required to be worn during our services. Dr. Bonnie Henry has recommended that where social distancing isn't possible, masks still be worn, but this is each person's personal choice.
When attending our in-person services, please also keep in mind:
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home. This is good to follow even if you have just a cold.
- Physical distancing is no longer required, but we would ask that you continue to give people space and check with someone before you hug them or get close as you are fellowshipping.
- Please make use of our automated hand sanitizing stations (just inside our main entrance door, in the entrance hall outside of the bathroom hallway, in the entrance to the sanctuary on the left wall), as well as the many other areas that bottles of hand sanitizer are provided.
If you have any questions, please look for someone from the Hospitality Team, who will be available to help you.
Cell Groups on Zoom and in-person
Cell Group is an important part of how we cultivate the spiritual community at Five Stones Church. You may be physically distanced but you are not alone. Stay in touch with your cell group, have bible studies, pray, etc., by phone, messaging and online conferencing platforms such as Zoom.
No need is too small. Get Help
COVID-19 Compassion Program
As a community church in the heart of New Westminster, we are experiencing the unprecedented sociological and economic impacts caused by the global COVID-19 pandemic. We understand that many of our church family members are affected or at risk, and as a church, we want to assist in practical ways to lift some of that burden.
As a church, the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) regulates how we can dispense funds, which prevents us from giving direct grants of money. However, gift cards to essential services and stores are allowed.
If you are a member of Five Stones Church who is struggling due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please email Liz. Your request will remain confidential and anonymous. We will help you find aid to alleviate some of the stress by matching you to one of the following gift cards that you can redeem online or in-store. Additionally, on a per need basis, we may be able to creatively help with an essential need if a gift card doesn't work, please contact us.
Groceries / Home Supplies:
Walmart (e-gift card)
Save-On-Foods (physical card, requires pick-up)
Safeway (physical card, requires pick-up)
Superstore (e-gift card)
Amazon Canada (e-gift card)
Meal Delivery Services:
Doordash (e-gift card)
Skip The Dishes (e-gift card)
UberEats (e-gift card
Ways to Give:
Online: https://www.fivestoneschurch.org/giving, designate your donation to "Five Stones Church COVID-19 Compassion Program"
By Cheque: To "Five Stones Church", designate it to "COVID-19 Compassion Program". Mail your cheque to 612 Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC Canada V3M 1A5
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No password is required if your bank supports autodeposit
Add note to "COVID-19 Compassion Program"
Buy a Gift Card: Please email Linda
1. For donors: Giving by the purchase of a gift card to the church is eligible for a 5SC donation tax receipt.
2. For recipients: The availability of gift cards and their values are subjected to the donations we receive. Assistance will be dispensed on an as-need basis and is only for active Five Stones Church members.
3. All donor & recipient information will remain confidential.
4. The Five Stones Church COVID-19 Relief Compassion Program is available immediately. When the program retires, any unused donations will be used for other mercy ministries.
How can we pray for you?
Our Ministry Team remains available to support your prayer needs! Send in your prayer request at email@example.com or fill out a Prayer Request card.
You can also join us in person at our Sunday services (starting July 25th) for Red Carpet prayer time during worship, and receive one-on-one prayer from our Ministry Team.
All of our online giving options will continue to be available for your convenience. You can continue to use the online giving link or send in cheques to our offices at 612 Columbia St, New Westminster, BC, V3M 1A5.
In addition, you can give by texting 84321 to give through Church Center, or just download the Church Center app to give online.
(Help on downloading and using the app, click here.