Five Stones Church COVID-19 Update
We have been anxiously awaiting a time that we can all be together in community, and that time is here! With the changes that took effect on July 1st in BC, we can now have un-restricted in-person services!
As we return, we want to have grace for each other as we all transition out of this long and challenging season of being apart. We encourage you to do whatever you feel most comfortable doing, and we are here to support you in any ways needed.
Please see all of the details below for how to join us in-person, and you can still join us online as well on YouTube.
We hope to see you soon!
Current Phase: July 1st, 2021 to (duration to be determined)
New way of attending: Registration is no longer required!
Now that our service and gather restrictions have been removed, you are no longer required to register online! Just come on Sunday mornings and our Hospitality Team will be there to happily greet you!
However, please see below section, "Coming to Church," for some details to be mindful of.
We are excited to see you!
New way of attending: Coming to Church
While we now have no provincial restrictions on operating our services, we still want to be mindful of each other to ensure everyone is comfortable returning when they choose.
To support this please keep the following things in mind when you attend our Sunday Services:
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home. This is good to follow even if you have just a cold.
- Masks are no longer required by the provincial government, but it is still recommended to wear them at indoor gatherings, especially if you have not been fully vaccinated. This is subject to your own comfort level, so you can decide whether to wear a mask or not.
- Physical distancing is no longer required, but we would ask that you continue to give people space as we all get used to being with one another again!
- Please make use of our two automated hand sanitizing stations (in the main entrance outside of the bathroom hallway, and in the entrance to the sanctuary on the left wall), as well as the other areas that sanitizer is provided.
If you have any questions, please look for someone from the Hospitality Team, who will be available to help you.
Cell Groups on Zoom - in-person coming soon!
Cell Group is an important part of how we cultivate the spiritual community at Five Stones Church. You may be physically distanced but you are not alone. Stay in touch with your cell group, have bible studies, pray, etc., by phone, messaging and online conferencing platforms such as Zoom.
No need is too small. Get Help
COVID-19 Compassion Program
As a community church in the heart of New Westminster, we are experiencing the unprecedented sociological and economic impacts caused by the global COVID-19 pandemic. We understand that many of our church family members are affected or at risk, and as a church, we want to assist in practical ways to lift some of that burden.
As a church, the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) regulates how we can dispense funds, which prevents us from giving direct grants of money. However, gift cards to essential services and stores are allowed.
If you are a member of Five Stones Church who is struggling due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please email Gillian. Your request will remain confidential and anonymous. We will help you find aid to alleviate some of the stress by matching you to one of the following gift cards that you can redeem online or in-store. Additionally, on a per need basis, we may be able to creatively help with an essential need if a gift card doesn't work, please contact us.
Groceries / Home Supplies:
Walmart (e-gift card)
Save-On-Foods (physical card, requires pick-up)
Safeway (physical card, requires pick-up)
Superstore (e-gift card)
Amazon Canada (e-gift card)
Meal Delivery Services:
Doordash (e-gift card)
Skip The Dishes (e-gift card)
UberEats (e-gift card
Ways to Give:
Online: https://www.fivestoneschurch.org/giving, designate your donation to "Five Stones Church COVID-19 Compassion Program"
By Cheque: To "Five Stones Church", designate it to "COVID-19 Compassion Program". Mail your cheque to 612 Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC Canada V3M 1A5
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No password is required if your bank supports autodeposit
Add note to "COVID-19 Compassion Program"
Buy a Gift Card: Please email Linda
1. For donors: Giving by the purchase of a gift card to the church is eligible for a 5SC donation tax receipt.
2. For recipients: The availability of gift cards and their values are subjected to the donations we receive. Assistance will be dispensed on an as-need basis and is only for active Five Stones Church members.
3. All donor & recipient information will remain confidential.
4. The Five Stones Church COVID-19 Relief Compassion Program is available immediately. When the program retires, any unused donations will be used for other mercy ministries.
How can we pray for you?
Our Ministry Team remains available to support your prayer needs! Send in your prayer request at email@example.com or fill out a Prayer Request card.
You can also join us in person at our Sunday services (starting July 25th) for Red Carpet prayer time during worship, and receive one-on-one prayer from our Ministry Team.
Even though we are coming back together, all of our online giving options will continue to be available for your convenience. You can continue to use the online giving link or send in cheques to our offices at 612 Columbia St, New Westminster, BC, V3M 1A5.